View from the Tower – Charlene Edwards
1. What first attracted you to Brunel Capital Partners?
The ability to help set up and continually shape a business where clients really are at the centre of everything we do.
2. What is the most enjoyable part of your job?
There is a fantastic working atmosphere at BCP, I guess you could say we work hard and we play hard.
3. Describe yourself in three words
Geeky, tall and tenacious
4. What was your worst ever job?
I spent one Christmas holiday season working for a well-known High St stationery store. I was very grateful for the chance to earn some money as a student but working late one Christmas Eve to take down Christmas displays and replace them with all the sale merchandise was frankly depressing.
5. Favourite Band/Artist
6. Favourite Film
Dr Zhivago or The Goonies – two very different ends of the Spectrum!
7. Favourite Book
Winter in Madrid by CJ Sansom or Freakonomics
8. Favourite TV show or play
I recently watched a subtitled Scandinavian show called The Bridge which was fantastic.
Ultimately though it would have to be Frozen Planet on a Sunday afternoon or The Inbetweeners if I am feeling very silly.
9. Favourite type of holiday
A long holiday spending the first half travelling/exploring and the second half just relaxing.
10. Favourite smell
11. Favourite Food/meal
Italian food – the best meal of my life was in Florence.
12. Dog or Cat?
I love both but it has to be Cats. Mollie (my own Cat) has got me wrapped around her little finger, I mean paw.
13. Which 3 people (past or present) would you invite to dinner?
My Grandma, Leonardo da Vinci and JFK before apologising for my cooking
14. If you weren’t working at Brunel, what would you be doing?
Travelling the world